Tuesday 4 October 2016

Theses are the rules of the Shala! - Second Day practice

Morning Led Practice, starts at 7.30 AM. No closing mantra, Shavasana for 2 minutes and thats it. Kindly Usha offered me a place in the front row.... in between all amazing practitioners, most of them are practicing the secondary series I am sure of it. I started the practice stressed which is not the goal of any Yoga practice. I thought "what am I doing here?".... 

Of course I have been stopped at Marychasana D. After a good sweat I was on my mat watching all of theses amazing practitioners. Once my body got colder it was time to go back for the backbend series. At least Sharat should let us do the Vinaysa in between each asana if we have to be stopped in te middle of the series, because it is the best way to hurt yourself, doing back bend when your body is not warming up enough.... anyway it is the rule of the shala.

Another rule: You CAN NOT PRACTICE in the shala with this yoga blanket mat:

Don't waste your money buying it, you can not use it in the KPJAYI Shala....

Really??? So then why do THEY SELL IT into their Yoga shop???? When I did practice with Sarawasti it was not a problem but Sharat said that these mats are not allowed in the shala... what is the exact reason of it? No clue.....

Third rule: You CAN NOT PRACTICE in the shala with a Yoga Mat printed with the sign OM on it. As the lower part of the body (feet) will touch it, this is not allow in the hindou religion... however I thought that Yoga was not a religion and not connected with any religion....

So anyway theses are the rules of the Yoga Shala in Mysore. At least they should add a note on their website to let people know about it.

Tomorrow my practice starts at 9.30 AM. Since I used to wake up at 4.00 AM I think I will do a baby practice early morning before attending the Mysore class and also since I won't be practicing the full series I think it will not hurt me at all.

- Namaste -


No comments:

Post a Comment