Wednesday 6 March 2019

Ashtanga Asian Tour

The life I have chosen is a free one.

I do not have a "home", a monthly rent to pay, a loan, therefore I do not have any official address. My company has a domiciliation at my accountant office.

I am spending more than half a year in Asia, travelling to India, Thailand, Bali and when time comes I go back to France for a couple of months.

This year I will be travelling to Bangkok where I will be practicing at Ashtanga Yoga Bangkok for 2 weeks, before flying to Nepal where I will be attending Mark Robberds and Deepika Mehta Ashtanga Retreat.

Then from Nepal, I took the decision to travel to Hanoï, never been to Vietnam and always wanted to travel there.

I have found an Ashtanga Yoga Studio, it is a small community, but the teacher does not seem to be authorized. And you know what, even though I would have prefer, I think it really does not matter after all.

The importance is about the practice and the dedication toward it.

By the end of 2018 I turned 45 years old, and I am still amaze by what my body can do.

November and December practices have been quite challenging. Left shoulder was deadly painful, I had the feeling that the pectoralis was stuck somewhere not in the right place. Then the right shoulder start doing weird thing as well...... I was filming a small tutorial for my IG account about Supta Kurmasana, and right after it my right shoulder start hurting....

What a bad idea to film your practice AFTER the practice !

The feeling I have is that my collar bone seemed to be stuck somewhere..... I have lost part of flexibility for twisting in Marichyasana D for instance, still I can bind, but the twist is definitely not the same I used to have....

While in Goa I am practicing on my own, at my own pace, sometimes I just don't practice at all for 2 or 3 days, instead I go for a one hour swim. I used to be a swimmer before Ashtanga. So going back to crawl was really hard at the beginning, because of the shoulder pain, but in the end it did good to my scapular belt.

Now the flexibility in my body is just something I was not expected at all..... very very very soft and flexible.

I will  be documenting my Nepal practice.

I have stopped writing about it, because my practice was reaching a point of no return. And I did not understand what was going on.

But now, I feel something is about to come, in my all body and therefore my mind.

I also have started Bakthi Yoga, and this definitely change a lot of my perspectives.

Be happy !

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment