Wednesday 14 November 2018

Miracle morning - the practice is back.....

Miracle of the body, the practice, the mind.....

This morning Marichyasana D, both side = done,
Supta Kurmasana = done.

I have absolutely no explanations about it.

After 5 days (one led class, one day off, 4 Mysore), it seems that my body is responded well.

Yesterday I read an article that Iain posted in his facebook page :

"More than once, I have heard people comment that the fact that I can perform certain asanas or movements well is simply due to the fact that I am "gifted with good genes". If only those people could begin to grasp the staggering number of hours that I have spent alone, in the dark, training those movements to take root in my body and nerves.
Scientific tests were performed on Reinhold Messner to determine whether he had some kind of innate abnormal physiology which allowed him perform the feats of mountaineering that he accomplished (he was the first to summit Mt. Everest without supplemental oxygen). Alex Honnold, the legendary rock climber who scaled the 3000 foot El Capitan without a rope (which has been referred to as "one of the greatest athletic feats of any kind, ever") was also subjected to brain scans to determine whether he lacked an average level of fear response to threatening situations.
These are only a few select examples of the unfortunate illusion that the paradigm of genetic reductionism has on the general public's perception of what is and isn't possible for a human being to change about themselves through lifestyle and focused and determined long term training.
I hold a degree in Biology and Psychology and did my undergraduate thesis on molecular evolution. More importantly, in the 20 years since then I have lived an experiential life, experimenting on myself and on others with just what is possible to change about oneself through determined cultivation of habit and lifestyle.
Genes are only one small factor in the greater system of who and what each living being is. Our choices and habits in life have a much greater effect on the sphere of who and what we are, than the base pair sequences of dna contained in our cells does. We all have the power to be the best we can possibly be, both individually and collectively."

It really resonates in me "We all have the power to be the best we can possibly be"......

Honestly speaking, when I woke up this morning, I was not in a fighting mode, but more with the feeling of being able to do whatever I wanted.

And it worked. I stop thinking my practice, I just practiced it.

Namaste,

No comments:

Post a Comment