Saturday 10 February 2018

Ashtanga Yoga Practice - Improving the core

Since I don't have anything else to do while I am in Thailand I am starting to practice 4 hours per day. After my morning practice I usually go for a swim to relaxe my muscle and in the afternoon I start exploring other path outside of Ashtanga.

For instance I am now practicing Pilates, I really missed that practice, I used to practice and teach Pilates when I was living in Paris 5 years ago. I do miss it a lot but I am getting back to it which is a very good news.

Steve Hyland let me borrowing the Yoga Wheel from the studio, and I am discovering how can I use it instead of a Ball or instead of a Reformer for instance. It is pretty intense practice and I am realising that I kind of lost my core by only practicing Ashtanga Yoga.

Or maybe it is because I do not practice well, but Pilates moves are essentially for the core muscle. The passage from lying down to the Teaser is slightly difficult with this manduka travel yoga mat.

Very thin and my sacrum does not like it, therefore I am not stable because of the pain it occurs to my sacrum.





And as a result this morning I did my first "baby lolasana, I was very happy about it but was unable to reproduce it ;-)

So now I am looking forward to the next morning practice.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment