Monday 22 August 2016

Hatha Yoga..... is hard!

Absolutely.

In Hatha Yoga the asana are kept for 9, 12 or 16 breaths. Trikonasana is then very different from 5 breaths to 9 breaths. Instead of going right away grabbing the big toe I do it gradually, 3 breaths bending on the lateral side with the hand above the knee, 3 breaths below the knee and 3 breaths grabbing the big toe.

With longer breath I can feel the stretch of the side of my body. In Ashtanga with 5 breaths I first grab the big toe then adjust the asana but it is not that deeper as it is with Hatha Yoga.

For Uttitha Hasta Padangustasana 9 breaths is then also very hard and it can be complicated if I reach the end of the asana right away, so I do the same, I am sequencing my breath and then my asana, furthermore I do really enjoy the "reseting" pose such as Tadasana between the two sides.

I am also practicing asana that I do not practice during the Ashtanga Primary Series.

I am almost "mastering" Shirshana without the head touching the floor, yes almost because to go up I still need the wall, I first start with the normal Shirshasana head on the floor then I touch the wall my left feet, lift my head up, bring the back of my skull up to my thumb and then find my balance without the head touching the floor, using a lot of core and belt scapula to stabilise it. So far I was able to stay for 9 breaths, was very happy about it.

To my very big surprise Pincha Mayurasana is also coming very nicely, I still need a wall as a psychological support but now I do not need to touch it to lift my legs up, I can also find my stability, then suddenly my brain got disconnected and send the information to my nervous system such as "danger you're gonna fall", then I have to touch the wall...... which give a result of a twisting pelvis and so I loose my balance....

All the previous practice I have done is the result of my new practice. However I know I have to go back to the Primary Series as by October I  will start to practice with Sharat.

But so far a lot of improvement, mentally and physically. Mentally I am more stable, less pissed off for nothing and physically I have gaine weight.... but I have gained muscles and especially around my buttock region, before it was flat now a "bump" is slightly showing :-)

Still happy to practice in Paris and of course still in love with Asana.

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment