Wednesday 8 June 2016

June 8th, Day 3 - Practice with Sarawasthi KPJAYI

Starts: 5.00 AM
Ends: 6.30 AM
Stops at Gharbapindasana

Actually I should have stop before but my ego was bigger than me. Sarawasthi came to a student today who was at Supta Padanghustasana. She asks her "Have you done Marychasana D?" the student says yes. Sarawasthi: "Show me".

The student did Marychasana D. She was not able to twist or grab the hands.
Sarawasthi: "Why going further into your practice if you can not do a proper Marychasana D?"....
Student: "...."
Sarawasthi: "Stop here, go to backbending".

The only reason I want to do the all series is to reassure me that I can do it. But technically if I look deeper into my practice and if I am honest and MOST OF IT if I follow the tradition, my practice stops at Marychasana D. 

I can do the half lotus no problem, therefore I can not do the half lotus and then twist at the same time as required with Marychasana D.
If I do the variation then I can twist, but the variation IS NOT THE PROPER ASANA.

David Roche asked me: "Where did you stop yesterday" as he was helping me in rolling back in Gharbhapindasana. I told him "Supta Kurmasana". Then he looked at me and said "then your practice is stopping there".....

Acceptance: I have to accept and deal with my limitations.
Practice: And it all comes, I should not go further if the practice is not done properly.
Satya: I should not cheat. Because I am cheating me and doing prejudice to me not to Sarawasthi, not to David Roche, just me.

And everybody else is following this so why should not I? I am not better than anyone else, unfortunately my ego is still in my shadow.

Was it a good class today? Damn yes, I learn a lot and tomorrow if I can not twist properly (which will be the case) I shall stop my practice at Marychasana D and honore Marychasana for what it was, a GREAT YOGI!

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment