Thursday 23 June 2016

July 23rd, A so so practice - Mysore Yoga Practice

Starts: 4.45 AM
Ends: 6.15 AM

Well after my rewarding day as of yesterday this morning was another story. I don't know if it is related to the monsoon that just started but my body was not responding well to the practice and especially my knees.

From now and then I will stop all the Ardha Padma because my left knee can not handle it anymore.

I refuse the adjustment of one of the assistant, first of all I don't like how she is adjusting and second thing she came to me while doing Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana - she was about to push from my UPPER BACK, right where I was rounding on purpose because of the pain in my knee and I told her "No" - then she told me "touch" while pointing my left knee. She thought I had pain in my hamstrings and I told her the pain was with my knee.... Therefore she did not came back to adjust anything on me.

I love to be adjusted don't get me wrong, but for some reasons the adjustment they are giving at the Sarawasthi's shala make me cringe a little bit.... for instance they are pressing directly on the knee to bring them back on the floor while in Badakonasana.... one of the student, I do believe she is Russian got scare also during one adjustment and told David to stop it. I think she was about to cry.....

I understand that the Primary Series is not about be aligned but more about to go down, catch the big toe, twist as far as we can, bend back with straight legs etc.... but when the body is not ready or when you know that you need to save your body from certain movements I do not understand while we are pushed to do so.... the goal of Yoga (if there any) is not to break your body, I want to be able to walk until my late 90s if I go that far in life, I don't care of grabbing, touching, bending, I want to practice in a safe mode....

Rob Lamport Chiropractor from UK told me that he does not know any Ashtangi WITHOUT any injuries due to the practice.... I don't want to go on that path...

Tomorrow is the last day of the 3rd week and I will give a full day off to my body on Saturday. Even though I feel stronger my joints are crying....

- Namaste -

No comments:

Post a Comment