Thursday 19 April 2018

Practice with Damien de Bastier and Andréa

I left Ubud for Canggu. We are conducting with Trupta a Yoga Retreat at Samadi Bali, therefore I took advantage of being there to practice with Damien and Andréa.

The Mysore Classes are not fully packed, which is really enjoyable, Damien was there for the first week then Andréa is now taking it.

I never practiced with a woman Ashtangi before, and she is absolutely wonderful. I love her adjustments in Marychasana D, the way she is pressing her foot on mine to make my spine twisted slightly deeper is just amazing.



I did work my backbend with Damien, a different approach from Ian and Steven, therefore I am learning a lot, and specially I understood that my legs were too weak.

Right now I stopped the drop back and work in depth the backbend from my mat, getting closer to my feet day by day.

The jump back from Bakasana to Chaturanga came back, I was happy.

My jump front are really really improving, actually I can do it easily without touching the mat, uncrossing my leg directly to Dandasana with the tiny lift before bringing my sitbone on the mat. I would never imagine that one day I would have done it, but yes !

However jump back from sitting pose are still in process.

Mark Robberds and Deepika are coming from time to time for their practices. It was nice to see them and awesome to have Mark practicing next to me. From Mark I am still learning how to jump back using Lolasana, one day I did one successfully however this day never happened again.

Ashtanga Yoga Practice is definitely a path, a full dedication, progress is coming in and out.... the all idea is to accept both way. One day it will be great, the next day it will not.

Once you accept it, then you can move forward easily wether in your practice or even with yourself.

The relationship between the practitioner and the yoga mat and the practice is always in evolution, we think we know while we don't and finally we acknowledge fully that we do not know anything ;-)

Enjoy your practice !

No comments:

Post a Comment