Thursday 30 June 2016

4th Day, 4th Week - David Roche, KPJAYI

Starts: 4.45 AM
Ends: 6.30 AM

Asana skipped: Marychasana A (what a shame, I started with Marychasana C.....)....

Today David Roche asked me why I was doing a Variation of Marychasana D, I explained him about my knees and he understood. I felt released because since the beginning I had the feeling I was cheating. Basically if you ask me to perform perfectly Marychasana D or Janu Shirshasana C or even Ardha Badda Pada Padma Paschimottanasana it will never EVER HAPPEN.

My right knee might be able to compromise a little bit even with a torn meniscus but my left knee simply cannot. No more meniscus in my knee, I can do these asanas sometimes but not for a long period. Right now I know my left knee is gone, completely gone, I still manage to practice with it but I really do it with caution as I started also feeling pain while walking.

So you might think why not stop the practice??? Well if someone ask me to stop until the full recovery of my right knee I can tell you that I will never be able to practice anymore. I had these (stupid and useless) surgery when I was 14 years old (in 1988), at that time when you had problem with the knee they used to open and remove whatever the problem was. My meniscus was in pieces because when I was kid I was not able to walk, just run ;-)

But still I manage it well.

It was a good practice. 

I had a coconut water and I put my music in the car as I am getting a little bit tired of Indian music. After a practice it is simply a sin to come back home with David Bowie!

No comments:

Post a Comment